The CPCU Society NextGen Scholarship Fund was created to promote higher educational opportunities for students interested in careers within the risk management and insurance industry.
This fall, 15 scholarships in the amount of $5,000 each, will be awarded to selected recipients. The application deadline is Wednesday, November 17.
To qualify for a scholarship, you must:
- ✔ Be a full-time, undergraduate student
- ✔ Be majoring in risk management, actuarial science, finance, business, information systems and/or have a strong desire to join the risk and insurance industry upon graduation
- ✔ Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- ✔ Not be a previous recepient of a NextGen Scholarship
- ✔ Submit application before deadline date. All applications must be received on or prior to the deadline of November 17.
- ✔ Complete Application
- ✔ College Transcript (unofficial copy accepted)
- ✔ Letter(s) of Recommendation (1 letter from a professor required, additional letters will be accepted)
- ✔ Personal Statement (750 words or less)*
- *Please answer the following personal statement prompt: The risk and insurance industry benefits individuals and society in more ways than people realize. Discuss an industry or societal need that you hope to address in your career.
*Note: If you are selected as a scholarship recipient, the funds are sent directly to the college or university and can be applied to any outstanding educational expenses including items such as tuition, books, and other fees.