The CPCU Society NextGen Scholarship Fund was created to promote higher educational opportunities for students interested in careers within the risk management and insurance industry.
This spring, 15 scholarships* in the amount of $5,000 each, will be awarded to selected recipients.
To qualify for a scholarship, you must:
- ✔ Be a full-time, undergraduate student
- ✔ Be majoring in risk management, actuarial science, finance, business, information systems and/or have a strong desire to join the risk and insurance industry upon graduation
- ✔ Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- ✔ Submit application before deadline date. All applications must be received on or prior to the deadline of March 31.
- ✔ Complete Application
- ✔ College Transcript (unofficial copy accepted)
- ✔ Letter(s) of Recommendation (1 letter from a professor required, additional letters will be accepted)
- ✔ Personal Statement (750 words or less)*
- *Please answer the following personal statement prompt: The risk and insurance industry benefits individuals and society in more ways than people realize. Discuss an industry or societal need that you hope to address in your career.
*Note: If you are selected as a scholarship recipient, the funds are sent directly to the college or university and can be applied to any outstanding educational expenses including items such as tuition, books, and other fees.