3 hours ago
The Institutes Community wrote a new wall post
Below is a preliminary breakdown of the 2016 Annual Meeting schedule. Look back for more details.
Opening Session Keynote and Conferment Speaker John Quiñones is co-anchor of the ABC newsmagazine program Primetime, as well as sole anchor of the Primetime series What Would You Do?. A seven-time Emmy Award winner, he also recently authored a book titled, What Would You Do? Words of Wisdom About Doing the Right Thing.
Opening Session Panel Moderator Pete Miller, CPCU, is president and CEO of The Institutes. Join him as he speaks with CEOs from the risk management and insurance industry about issues such as career development, emerging trends and the modern workforce.
• Increasing Employee Engagement by Spreading Aloha in the Community
• What if Uber and ZipCar Had a Baby?
• The Underwriter of the Future
• Using Social Media in Investigations and Litigation
• Breaking Down Virtual Walls: Leading and Motivating Remote Team Members
• What You Need to Know About the Medicare Secondary Payer Act
• The Opportunities and Challenges of Emerging Issues
• The Opioid Epidemic and Workers Comp
• Workforce Opportunities: Assuming Leadership Roles as the Boomers Retire
• Tools of Risk Transfer: Additional Insured Endorsements, Indemnification Agreements, and Waivers of Subrogation
• Don't Let Your Disaster Plan Be a Disaster
• Regulation, or Political Interference, in the Global Insurance Markets?
• Living Lean: Driving Results Through Lean Management
• How to Insure Marinas
• The Edge of Tomorrow: The Future of Personal Lines Insurance
• Release the Captives: New Approaches to Innovative Risks
• CPCU Calamity Vacation in Hawaii
• Managing an Evolving, Multigenerational Workforce
• Cyber Risk Underwriting: When Will Cyber Insurance Go Mainstream?
• Everyday Ethics: Another Day in Paradise (ends 10:30a.m.)
• Acebook: Managing Your In-Company Reputation and Proving You Are a Superstar
• Named Insureds: Who Should Be, Who Can Be, and Who Shouldn't Be
• Risk Management in the Driver's Seat: Navigating the World of Automated Vehicles
• Managing Up, Out, and Down
• Agribusiness and GMOs in Hawaii
• Trend Forecast: Disrupters Impacting the Insurance Industry
• Customer Experience Strategy: Your Recipe for Success
• Insurance and Risk Management for Catastrophe-Prone Geography: A Business Continuity Approach
• Bad Faith Avoidance in Claims Handling
• The Big World of Tiny Homes
Join the CPCU Society at the Hilton Hawaiian Village as we celebrate diversity in the insurance industry. Network with colleagues, get to know your fellow CPCUs and form lasting professional connections over appetizers and refreshments.
• Take Your Career Into Your Own Hands
• Insuring the Future: How Emerging Technologies Are Changing the Face of Risk
• Earthquakes, Volcanoes, and Tsunamis: Prepare for the Really Big One
• Lessons From the Japanese Property-Casualty Insurance Market
• Enhancing Your Personal Brand
• Predictive Analytics Applied to Claims and Underwriting
• Cyber Risk: Evolving Exposures, Policies, and Market
• Game On: Test Your Insurance Knowledge (ends 10:45a.m.)
• Using Technology to Close the Property Protection Gap
• Data, Analytics, Law, Ethics
• The Internet of Things: Impacts on Property-Casualty Insurance
|12:15p.m.-1:15p.m.||Closing General Session
Closing Session Keynote Speaker Dewitt Jones is a professional photographer, film director and writer. Before the age of 30, he directed two films that were nominated for Academy Awards. He has spent 20 years as a freelance photographer for National Geographic and photographed images for national advertising campaigns for Dewar’s Scotch, Canon, and United Airlines.