2017 CPCU Society Annual Meeting Cancelled
*As of September 22, 2017
Why did you cancel the meeting? Please know that this decision was not taken lightly and that our attendees’ safety is our highest priority. We consulted with the local hotel and authorities. In the end, we felt it necessary to cancel the event due to recovery efforts as a result of Hurricane Irma. Physical damage and recovery from the storm as well as logistical reasons weighed heavily in our decision making. Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, where the meeting was to be held, is currently housing workers assisting evacuees, and now is a time for Florida to band together and recover in the wake of this storm. As disappointing as this cancellation is, we felt it was the right thing to do and that there are greater concerns that need to be focused on at the moment.
Why didn’t you make this decision sooner? We understand the disappointment accompanying this decision, but please know that canceling the event was not a decision that the CPCU Society took lightly. We had to weigh numerous factors and wanted to be sure we were making the most informed decision possible, given the ongoing developments and information we had at the time.
Will the meeting be rescheduled? We looked at the possibility of rescheduling. However, given the size of the event, the short notice and the focus now on recovery efforts in Florida, we determined that, logistically, this option was not feasible.
Can I go to next year’s meeting and be recognized as a new designee? Yes, in addition to 2018 new designees, all 2017 new designees will be recognized at the 2018 Annual Meeting in San Diego, taking place October 13 to 16. All 2017 Annual Meeting registrants will receive a credit to the 2018 meeting within 7-10 business days, allowing you to attend at no additional charge.
What about the registration and other fees I paid? Your meeting registration fees will automatically be credited to your account for the 2018 meeting in San Diego, taking place October 13-16. You will be able to attend that meeting at no additional charge. It will take 7 to 10 business days for these credits to be processed. It will be your responsibility to settle the account between you and your employer if your employer paid your fees. If you have questions regarding the credits, please wait 7 to 10 business days for the credits to be processed and then contact Member Resources at (800) 932-2728 or MemberResources@TheInstitutes.org.
I’m not able to attend the 2018 Annual Meeting, can I get a refund? To receive a refund to your credit card or by check directly, as opposed to being credited towards next year’s Annual Meeting, please email CPCUSocietyAM@Experient-inc.com or call (800) 310 – 7554 or (240) 439 –3554 for international. All refunds must be requested by October 31, 2017.
All travelers must contact the airline or transportation company, or any other organization through which they made arrangements regarding any possible refunds of fees to ensure you are getting the latest information. If you are still planning on visiting Disney, you will need to contact the hotel and rebook your plans. Please see below for more information:
- Flights to, through or from Florida and Georgia are affected by Hurricane Irma. When severe weather or other uncontrollable events impact your flight and travel dates, you may be able to change your trip with no change fee. All travelers should contact the airline or transportation company through which you made arrangements regarding any possible refunds and to ensure you are getting the latest update on the situation.
Recommendation for airplane travelers
- Those who bought airplane tickets should contact the airline or local airport to find out if their scheduled flight has been canceled and to inquire about any refunds
- Airlines may experience high call volumes to their travel centers, so wait times may be longer than normal. You may consider utilizing online booking tools where available, to avoid longer than average hold times
- If you are not planning on visiting Disney, you will need to contact the hotel to cancel your reservation
- Disney’s Coronado Spring Resort will honor any guest room reservations for those CPCU guests who wish to continue on with their trip
- Cancellations and additional hotel questions should be directed to Disney Coronado Springs Resort Group Reservations at (407) 939-4686
Walt Disney World Resort
- To cancel your complimentary transportation and luggage delivery service arrangements, please call Disney’s Magical Express at (407) 827-6777
- Information on Hurricane Irma:
- Hurricane Policy – Frequently Asked Questions:
- If you have products and services provided by third-party suppliers – such as airlines, hotels, car rental agencies or vacation insurance companies – you will continue to be responsible for any non-refundable payments, as well as cancellation or change fees.